Friday, April 22, 2011

GOOD FRIDAY





Yes, we are still here... School and church events, where has all the time gone?

Our church, Hope Chapel Kihei, had a Children's Ministry Appreciation Dinner for all the adult volunteers who help teach the children the word of God. Our church is BIG on children. Earlier in the week, Toni, the director, asked if Dale, Kau`i and I would go up on stage and talk a little bit about Kau`i and how she accepted Jesus as her Savior. She asked Kau`i if she would say a few words too. Kau`i had her speech all prepared and practiced it with us before hand. She said "Every night before bed my dad would read a little of the Bible to us and pray before we went to bed. We also thank God before we eat. I go to Awanas and saw how nice the people are and very excited to be baptized" and so forth.

Okay, so after Dale and I said a little bit we handed the microphone to Kau`i. Our beautiful girl just stood there smiling and not saying anything. She froze! We did caused a little stir with our story and some people even cried.

3 comments:

Mae Salomon said...

When is she ever at a loss for words?

Janet said...

Precious! I knew you would have beautiful Easter pics up=)

Sue said...

Beautiful pictures. It is so neat where there are churches that really ministery to children and help teach them.

Post a Comment