Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day before Christmas!!

What a wonderful day. Our guide Aggie and chauffeur took us to Qian Ling Park and amusement park. We walked up a beautiful trail with monkeys all around us. There are approximately 1000 plus monkeys in the park walking freely and begging us for food. Traveling there was an eye opener on how the people just outside the city lived on a daily basis. The streets (or alleys) are one way (give and take) as you slowly drive along. Talk about having to be patient as you slowly work your way along the rough road with locals selling fresh fruits, vegetables and raw meat and oblivious to the traffic that is right in their faces. We took note that in the back of their store is a bed that is probably where they live.

Dale was a real celebrity. Many locals wanted to have their picture taken with the "Big Nose Blue Eye" foreigner. That is what they call Westeners. The locals were very nice offering their seat to Dale. He really stood out amongst the crowd.

It was a real treat for Ya Fang to experience the amusement rides. It is something she has never done before. The one thing I will always remember is when she asked me to go on the rides with her and dad. I responded "I get sick on rides." She told our guide to tell me to just carry a plastic bag" In other words, there is really no excuse.... just be prepared when you throw up!


We leave tomorrow at 6:40 p.m. for Guangzhou. Ya Fang is very excited about riding an airplane. She is a very happy girl and can't wait to get home.








3 comments:

Janet said...

I hope Dale does not have a complex about his nose now--I guess the locals will be calling me that too.
I could handle those rides--but ooooooooh----not the monkeys- so up close and personal! I would truly be freaking out if they touched me!!! The things we do for our kids! Glad you had a pretty day, and that everyone felt like going out. You know Shamain Island is a mess right now, so you'll have to go to the "walking street" and do lots of shopping!=)

White House said...

You all look very happy. We are thrilled for you.

White House said...

Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment